Thursday, October 3, 2013

Installing Insync client on Manjaro / Arch Linux

The easiest way to install Insync on Manjaro (Arch) Linux, is to use the AUR (Arch user repositories) repositories.   There are different clients to help you interface with AUR, and I'm not clear about why getting sources sometimes works in one as opposed another, but I digress.  I used yaourt to install Insync, but first I had to install yaourt:

$ sudo pacman -S base-devel yaourt

Being a relatively new install, of course my mirrors file was all out of whack, and the above command didn't actually work until I ran:

$ sudo pacman-mirrors -g
$ sudo pacman -Syy

then one can install Insync:

 $ yaourt insync

yaourt will present you with some developer chat and ask if you want to edit the config file, just say no (unless you really know what you are doing).
Accept the rest of questions about continuing, then use synapse to start Insync.

2 comments: